An English translation of the Arabic book الاخلاص / al-Ikhlaas by Dr. ‘Umar al-Ashqar
The author thoroughly discusses devotion and sincerity in Islam, along with the erroneous concepts which have crept into Muslims’ understanding concerning them.
Readers will find answers to the following questions:
- What is devotion in Islam?
- What is Islam’s position concerning devotion in acts of worship?
- What are the erroneous ideas concerning devotion?
- What are the difficulties of having sincerity and devotion?
- Why is Allah the aim and none other than He?
- Can the worshipper have multiple sincere intentions at one time?
- What are the elements of ill-intentions?
- What are the steps to remedy hypocrisy?
- What is the influence of the intention upon ones deeds?
- What is the influence of intention in forbidden acts?